National Veterinary Associates Clinical Award
Created in partnership with the Empower Scholarship Fund, National Veterinary Associates hope to attract students to Illinois veterinary practices while helping reduce higher education debt.
National Veterinary Associates (NVA) will provide a $25,000 award to a select 7th, 8th or 9th semester student with funds being directly applied to the recipient's next semester tuition. The award includes a two-year employment agreement with NVA, paid externship opportunity, mentorship and opportunity to choose between at least five (5) Illinois network locations in one of the following cities.
Alton, Aurora, Bloomington, Channahon, Chicago, Collinsville, Countryside, Crest Hill, Crystal Lake, Danville, Decatur, Deerfield, Downers Grove, Elmhurst, Elmwood Park, Evanston, Geneva, Glen Ellyn, Hanover Park, Hinsdale, Homer Glen, Minooka, Moline, Mundelein, Naperville, Normal, North Aurora, Orland Park, Oswego, Peotone, Plainfield, Plano, River Forest, River Grove, Roselle, Sandwich, Savoy, Shorewood, South Elgin, Springfield, Tilton, Tinley Park, Wheaton, Woodstock, Yorkville
- Currently enrolled in 7th, 8th or 9th semester at Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Has a passion for animals and the people who love them
- Agree to work in the Illinois NVA network for two years following graduation
- Application completely filled out
- Recommendation from a faculty member, work supervisor or community leader
- Essay Prompts: (500 word or less response to each)
1. Why did you choose to pursue a degree in veterinary medicine?
2. What personal examples or connections can you share that demonstrate the type of care you believe is important to provide as a veterinarian?
- Finalists will be notified in early November and will take part in a video conference interview panel with NVA representatives
- Recipient will be required to sign a two-year work agreement before accepting the award