Dr. Lanse T. Fox Scholarship
After graduating from Texas A&M in 2009, Lanse pursued his lifelong dream of becoming a veterinarian when he attended Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine in Saint Kitt's and Nevis in the Caribbean. Though nervous about his first international flight on his way to the island, Lanse soon made St. Kitts home and experienced more adventure and friendship, finding time in his studies to make memories while hiking, boating and getting involved in intramural sports. He began working at the same vet clinic where his journey started - the Kaufman Vet Center. There Dr. Fox practiced medicine, learning Spanish to better communicate with his patient families. Lanse passed away on March 8, 2014, in a Dallas hospital. As an organ donor, in death Lanse saved the lives of other people, continuing his legacy of making people's lives around him better.
Scholarships valued up to $4,000 will be awarded to eligible students currently enrolled at Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. The scholarship was created by the Lanse T. Fox Memorial Organization, in memory of RUSVM graduate, Dr. Lanse T. Fox.
- Students attending Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine
- Must have completed a minimum of 24 credit hours
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Application completely filled out
- Letter of Recommendation from a faculty member or veterinarian
- Essay Question: In what ways have you contributed to your community, work or charitable organization? Beyond your career aspirations, how do you plan to use your degree to enrich and give back to your community?
- 2023 - Sidharth Paul (Spring)
- 2022 - Christopher Versch (Spring) & Annika Johnson (Fall)
- 2021 - Jessica Kadyk
- 2020 - Sophia Byrd
- 2019 - Esmeralda Cano
- 2018 - Kieran Smith
- 2017 - Brittani D'Amico
- 2016 - Zachary Sloan
Learn how you can donate to the Dr. Lanse T. Fox Memorial Scholarship Fund.