Fred and Kay Krehbiel Nursing Scholarship
The Fred and Kay Krehbiel Nursing Scholarship was created in honor of Fred and Kay Krehbiel to support and inspire future nurses during their educational journey at Chamberlain University. Kay was a registered nurse and Fred served on the DeVry, Inc. Board of Directors - both believing strongly in the power of education to create opportunities and help people reach their full potential.
Two scholarships worth $5,000 each will be awarded annually, one during the spring and one during the fall application cycle, to students pursuing a nursing degree at Chamberlain University. Scholarships will be applied toward student tuition and fees.
- Applicant must be enrolled at Chamberlain University with at least two sessions remaining after the close of the application cycle
- Applicant must have completed a minimum of 24 credits
- Applicant must be in good academic standing with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Complete an application by visiting https://empower.awardspring.com
- Recommendation from a faculty members, work supervisor or community leader
- Submit a 500 word essay answering the prompts: What inspired you to become a nurse? What do you hope to achieve in your career?